Celebrate the coming of Spring with this month’s classroom craft.
- Two pieces of construction paper
- Assortment of markers
- Popsicle Sticks
1. Trace a large umbrella shape onto a piece of construction paper, any color of your choice.
2. Help your child cut out the umbrella shape. If your child is old enough, let him or her cut it out. It allows them to practice using scissors and cutting along the lines.
3. Now it’s time to decorate the umbrella. Use the markers to add polka dots or stripes. You can even add stickers, or anything else you can think of. Be creative.
4. Turn the umbrella over and glue or tape the popsicle stick to back.
5. Cut raindrops out of blue construction paper. You can have as many as you wish.
6. Cut strips of yarn into various lengths and attach the raindrops to the underside of the umbrella using yarn.
7. Viola! A cute Rainy Day Umbrella.
Have fun and enjoy!